- Jersey Knit: A standard fabric for t-shirts, you’ll see a small, even, close grained knit, where the front has very fine vertical lines, and the back a more flattened appearance. Our jersey knit comes in a light and medium weight and tends to be soft, flexible, with a bit of stretch. It takes printing well due to its smooth texture.
Styles: Everest Light Weight Unisex Tee, Rushmore, Olympian Medium Weight Unisex Tee, Cascadian Unisex Long Sleeve, Palomar Youth Tee, & Annapurna Toddler Tee.
- Pique Knit: Characterized by parallel cords, this textured surface has tiny grooves that give the fabric an attractive 3-dimensional quality. Pique is considered a standard knit for higher quality polo style shirts. Printable with a heavier ink, best suited for embroidery.
Styles: Eldorado Unisex Polo.
- 1×1 Baby Rib Knit: A fine knit with thin, vertical ribs where the space between each rib is the same width as the rib. This allows a generous amount of stretch and movement ideal for baby and women’s fitted styles. Takes printing, renders especially great results with water based inks. Plastisol inks may require low viscosity with a reducer or stretch additive to avoid cracking.
Styles: Altai Women’s Tee, Acadia Women’s Long Sleeve, Akashi Baby One-piece, Balkan Baby Long Sleeve One-piece, Austin Adult Beanie, & Aspen Infant Beanie.
- Twill: Woven, rather than knit, twill fabric has a pleasing pattern of parallel ribs running diagonally. This durable fabric feels strong and tends to hold its shape. For our totes and aprons we chose the slightly more expensive twill over canvas as it drapes better, is softer, pliable and less prone to wrinkles and soiling. Takes printing well, may need heavier inks and longer curing.
Styles: Napa Apron, Tuscany Long Apron, Sonoma Bistro Apron, Harvest Large Tote, & Deli Small Tote.
- Sheeting: A plain weave fabric often used in bed linen, sheeting is a heavier and coarser type of muslin. Its firm, closely woven yarn is durable, yet light-weight and breathable. We use washed, unbleached sheeting for our basic low cost tote and produce bags. The flat and smooth surface takes well to printing. After wash this fabric will retain a crushed look if not ironed.
Styles: Market Large Tote & Farm Stand Bags.